Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Living Out My Calling

A week away in Cameron Highlands last week was a sweet time with the Lord. Resting, being quiet with Him. Enjoying peace. Being thankful for not being so driven as I used to be.

Another sweet gift was that one of the leaders of this group asked everyone to write encouraging notes to one another. I received a dozen or more notes from the group. Many of them I was just meeting for the first time. Some I have known for a while and they know me pretty well. Their notes to me gave me a window into how God works through me in people's lives.

I still feel like I haven't learned to really "LET GO" and be free in Christ to be who he's made me to be. I feel like I'm just making baby steps at FEELING PASSIONATELY again, and yet, it seems that the Lord can still use me, where I am right now, to encourage others to be more free and fully alive in him. How sweet that just before we celebrate what we've been learning in the Focusing Leaders Network at Grace, I get to receive notes like the ones below were such a gift to know that just being myself, as I draw closer to God, is helping others know him and worship him with more freedom and delight....




No comments: