Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A significant way God has challenged me this year.

When I start wondering WHY about things in the world I don't see God's sovereign hand in, stop wondering, and keep asking HIM to show me where he is in it. (ie. spread of Islam, poverty and AIDS pandemic, violence & terrorism, corruption, ineffective Church, Christians with small worlds/myopia, natural disasters)

Ask more questions/Seek help from others - I've been working at forcing myself to ask for help from people. Learning dependence on people and the Lord.

Make an effort to meet with potential mentors. (especially in parenting through adolescence - which is coming soon!)
Keep fit (I just signed up with SAFRA gym for a year!) A woman who has older children and whos parenting and spiritual life I really respect just moved to Singapore last month. I think part of it is God's gift to me in having someone I really look up to be in the same city for this season of my life.

No comments: