Wednesday, December 29, 2010

LOOKING BACK 2010

Here's a link to a template you can use.

The Chora Church in Istanbul
This year I learned to...
..play some worship songs in the piano.

Strengthen the "NO" muscle.

Calm [some of] the chaos.
I grew most in…
My BMI (haha!)


What I call: "Systemizing and Structurizing." 
A long way to go, but it started with using only ONE purse and keeping my phone and keys in the same place in that purse! By the end of the year, my calendars/planning are in order, I've got a system for accounting and prioritizing emails, and the piles are diminishing as I enter the data and purge!


Spiritually I grew in hearing God's voice - for instructioncomfort, wisdom, empowerment, direction, and encouragement. 

depending in him moment by moment. 

surrendering to his plans and giving up mine.






A Scripture verse, passage or book that was important to me was…

Matt 6:28 "See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin and yet your heavenly father feeds them."


Isaiah 40:1 "Comfort YE, my people says the Lord. " -this is our mission! there's a lot of conciseness people out there!


Psalm 46 "Be still and know that I am God."


John 17:4 "Father, I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work that you had for me to do."


Books: Streams in the Desert, ADHD Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life, Have a New Kid By Friday, Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, a Knock at the Door (on the Armenian genocide),
One of my best adventures was...
…Getting lost in Turkey with the boys.
Meeting some shopkeepers w iPhone
in the middle of countryside.


 










I saw/knew God was doing something when…
We started eating dinners down in the
Hawker Centers and local Food stalls.
August 2010 Yi hui started coming over
and making herself at home.
 Just this week I review last year's resolution:
(under Adventure/Risk)
"Ruthlessly say no to the things other people
ask me to do, until August"
"Suffer the little children to come unto me" 
Regarding rules and consequences the first 2 weeks- 
"Just love her" -Jesus








A real gift from God was…
Another year at Redemption Hill Church as it grows,
and the friendships deepening within our Home Group Oasis
I got to see my brother Kevin on both coasts this summer.
Here we were dining on the rooftop near his LA Office.

Tyler touches the hem of His garment
as we tour BIOLA University,
my alma mater. James and I met
while he was in seminary at
Talbot School of Theology.

Cameron and Tyler toss cousin Paris in the pool
4th of July was fun with family and dear old friends
the Conner Clan.

We finished our college road trip wiht 2 nights in NYC.

Cameron Gets his dream come true @ 13:
A few days in Washington DC with
Grammy Lynn and Grandpa Howard,
A tradition to take a photo in the C of the entrance of
Disney's Theme Park:
CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE entrance.


USA college road trip driving 2 coasts
and seeing so many friends and family
along the way.


Mom and Dad's visit during football season
 

...when James and I were Liason Officers for the SYOG.
Bob and Shirley Trott came again this year to help in
mentoring Pastors and Christian leaders.

































































































Some things I really enjoyed doing more of was…
...paying more attention to those who initiated with me as a way to decide what relationships to invest in.
...sending "The Original Coffee to Go Mug"
to financial supporters at Chinese New Year.
The CREASMAN CHALLENGE
(family date on Sunday afternoons)
got us out of our rut and doing some
fun creative things together.








Some of the happiest memories I’d like to freeze in my mind...
…"Leapfrog across Turkey."
Caroling at RHC home partie








I was really brave when…
I just left things undone that the kids were supposed to do. Initialted "Operation No-Nagging" (I'll never forget how happily relieved the boys were at the idea that I wouldn't be reminding them of their chores, though it's taking weeks of docking allowance - cause I paid Yi Hui or someone else to do it!)

I let the boys go on that motorcycle trip into
the jungles of Thailand with Dean Overholt.
...I had to say goodbye to the Webbs
as they moved back to Seattle.








I’m still trying to learn what God wants to teach me through this hard experience...
The Chingay Parade debacle. Really trying to help, being so frustrated, sticking my neck out to invite so many people along and ending up being embarassed about it.
...But I think perhaps, it’s:

Humility. Humiliation. I don't do team under others' leadership very well. Need to study that DISC report some more and see how I can grow, or stick to projects that I lead or know I can partner well with.
The best word of advice or encouragement I can remember...
"Let this be a Jubilee Year. Let the water be calm for a year and see what happens." Dr Tay, January 19, 2010


"She's got her big girl panties on today." -Caroline Faris
"We all just need to get on the K Train." -James
Something I’m looking forward to in this new year...



...Yayas taking turns leading, and in smaller accountability groups. 



…seeing Tyler at Christmas 2011;
after he's had a semester in college and succeeded on his own.
Seeing what happens with Cameron
will he get it together with 

personal discipline and studies?
Or will he have to go to boarding school?



Get dancing singing and playing piano again! 
Worship hula w Namiko?
Where this thing with the 

neighbor kids goes! Lord lead on!



No comments: