Thursday, November 10, 2011

CRMS Staff Monthly Update: November


Highlight(s) Last Month:
·      TCA Graduation – great to be a part of such a good school.
·      Get away with James to Phukett.
·      I had to miss a women’s leadership meeting in Spain, and God arranged for my week to be full of sweet Singapore adventures: Seeing Namiko thrilled with the Island Gals Worship Hula group’s first legit performance, Singing for Handmade 3 (a Grace Assembly outreach), a great chat with leaders from my home church on how I can be of help, and conducting a super performance by the Oldham Hall leaders in Playback theatre for a big dinner event.
·      Submitting a Proposal for bi-monthly Missions Agency Benefit Concerts in 2012 in Chinatown with Redemption Hill Church
·      Realizing I have more frequent flier miles than I knew and booking a flight home for Thanksgiving to see family and Tyler.
·      Attending the Global Leadership Summit with James.
·      Meeting a whole pack of Cameron’s teachers to compare notes and move fwd.
·      Helping out at ICS: coaching the drama for elementary Christmas musical
·      Dinner with our Muslim neighbors (took us more than 2 years, but it was nice!)
·      Getting reacquainted with Justin and Nickki Hess who’ve moved here recently – she’ll help as she can with admin at CRMS with the loss of Regina.
·      Discovering LeVel33 with my brother’s inlaws from USA
·      Helping an old friend launch in her role of Missions Director of her home church in Virginia.
·      I left behind my CRMS shirt in a restaurant and it wasn’t lost forever!
·      Stimulating long conversation with Lai Kheng Pousson.
·      Seeing one of the gals in my bible study get a great job.
·      Happy end to another year of football.
·      Making an awesome memory quilt for Tyler.
·      Meeting the President of Yong En Care Centre, Tsai Kuo Tsing – strong potential partnership with our home church who is their neighbor.
·      Not being quite as broke as we were LAST month.

Something I Learned:
·      Not everyone or every church is thrilled with Love Singapore.
·      Heed my own advice: “This is a leadership lesson for you to move forward without getting to bugged by problem people who offer some road blocks and negativity, but really don’t matter. Don’t let them get to you so much.”
·      Be more in tune with assessing people’s capacity, and don’t be judgmental (or hard on myself) when it’s not what I think it should be.
Events/Travel This Month (give dates):
Meeting with potential staff November 14
CRM Day of Prayer November 17th
USA with family November 22- December 2

Goals for This Month:
·      Let’s get planning for 2012!

Prayer Requests:
·      Fix my email glitches so that it’s more streamlined and not a headache.
·      Cameron to love studying and learning.

Any Ideas/Questions/Requests/Suggestions for me?
Have a great time at the CoNext meetings in London and come back refreshed, motivated and hopeful about the future of CRMS.

No comments: